Podcasts/Interviews $150k Selling Shirts on Merch By Amazon

Discussion in 'Podcasts/Interviews' started by Mateen, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Mateen

MateenMateen is a Verified Member Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Articles:
    We Talk to Neil about his success with Merch by Amazon. He's been able to make a whopping $150k including the sale of his Amazon Business!

https://goo.gl/cHqEd1

REALLY good stuff if you're interested in this, (I know a few people are),

Some Interesting Points From the Interview

What is the platform of merch by Amazon?

It is a print by demand service where you can upload a design and they will pay you a royalty if that design sells. They hold all the inventory, they all the customer support. All you do is upload designs add a few bullet points, they will slap it on the shirt and print it when it sells.

Do you think anyone can do merch by amazon or do you reckon there’s a special skill set that you need to get into it?

I think anyone can learn how to do it, it’s fairly easy. You don’t really need to be a designer, I’m certainly not. That can all be outsourced, also simple designs with photoshop or paint and you can type on a keyboard, you can definitely sell on merch.

What’s the general process, what’s the day to day activities that you do for your merch business?

It all comes down to doing proper research, other than that I outsource everything. My entire process is to find a niche on amazon that already has demand in it. Coz I don’t want to waste my time uploading designs that no one’s gonna look for, it’s a waste of my time, waste of resources and waste of amazon space.

I guess if people are searching for it then you have a chance.

Right so if I can find a niche that’s already getting sales my goal is to find a niche that has demand and then offer those people a better product that’s already been offered. It basically comes down to research; if you’re artistically inclined or you don’t have any money to outsource in the beginning you can easily teach yourself photoshop that’s paid but you can use gimp which is free.

Read the rest here....https://goo.gl/cHqEd1

Amnesia likes this.
  2. Amnesia

Amnesia Junior Member

you gave alot great info matten!!! thanks!!!!
    but the problem is, they still not invite me...

3. Tiredofthe9-5

Tiredofthe9-5 Junior Member

Amazon has their own printing service???:confused:
    Anyway, I'll definitely have a listen to this podcast

4. Mateen

Articles:
    @Amnesia How long has it been? For me it took 3 months :(

But once I got approved I applied with my family members accounts too :p So hopefully they will be approved in another month or so.

@Tiredofthe9-5 Yeh it's crazy! They're going to be taking over the PoD thing in terms of search traffic. Definitely something to keep your eye on.

5. Amnesia

Amnesia Junior Member

@matten i think is 2 month now lol...thats a great idea for using family members lol.

6. Mateen

Articles:
    Shouldn't be too long more @Amnesia

Yeh. Because they limit how much you can launch at the start, (it's only 10) But if I have 4 accounts it's 10 x 4 = 40. And with every tier it will increase a lot more.